So. . . . With the summer coming to a close and everyone hunkering down for the winter, well apart from you boarders praying for snow, we thought now might be a good time to run a bit of a competition. So whether you are into skating, snowboarding, surfing or do any other kind of extreme sport why not get involved.
What we want:
We want you to send us your best edit/s (Video) of the year so far (In mp4 format) and any we feature on our Youtube channel or Facebook page will win a goody bag filled with . . . . . well, goodies! This could be anything from a set of trainers, a watch, a snowboard helmet. an Animal backpack, some Bawbags undies or many other weird and wonderful things. One thing is for sure, you will get a lot of stickers and at least one key-ring!
Obviously, over and above that we will make you famous within our Urban Surfer community and we will even tell your mum you are brilliant if you want (Only if she has an email address, I’m not phoning her!). Finally we will give you a discount code (Just for entering) to use on our site (www.urbansurfer.co.uk) to make sure you can get the latest kit at the best prices.
We don’t want a full on video so try to keep them between 1 and 2 minutes long and featuring your best (or worst) trick, run, wave or whatever you have managed to get on camera. Add to that a little bit of an about you/ about the video to your email so we can let the world know how awesome you are, and we will feature the video’s we like.
We also only want original content (It must be your own work) which doesn’t feature any 3rd party products or services and that only contains content you have full permission to use (Including any music).
Where to send your entries:
Send your entries in by email (Including your ‘about you/ about the video’) to [email protected]
The T & C’s:
- Any edit must feature you or you must have the featured riders EXPLICIT consent (If you don’t know what that means Google it) to have the video shown (Add this in to your about you).
- The Send Us an Edit & Win Some Stuff competition (the competition) is open to anyone over 18 (Sorry everyone else but we just can’t be bothered with the legal hassle of sorting out entries for those under 18, don’t blame us, blame those creepy internet types the laws have been designed for!).
- By submitting an entry to the Competition, You give Urban Surfer (‘us’): a. Permission for your entry to be published on our website or anywhere else we deem fit, including our social media channels, Youtube and anywhere else decided by us. You grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide licence to use and publish your Competition entry in electronic format (including on Urban Surfer related websites) and hard copy, both as a full video and as screen shots, for purposes connected with the Competition and to adapt the entry to enable such publication (including to shorten or edit it for such purposes), and you hereby irrevocably waive, for the benefit of the us, all moral rights in the entry to which you are entitled. b. The right to use your name, photograph and town or city of residence for the sole purpose of identifying You as the author of your entry and/or as a finalist or winner of the Competition.
- Your entry must only feature You (and, if appropriate, other people aged 18 and over with their express permission), must be Your own work, must not be copied, must not contain any third-party materials and/or content (including background music) that You do not have permission to use, must not promote Your own or third-party goods or services or include any trade marks (other than those belonging to or associated with Urban Surfer), and must not show inappropriate or dangerous behaviour (Seriously, don’t kill yourself or get arrested to get a good shot!), or otherwise be obscene, defamatory, distasteful, offensive, or in breach of any applicable legislation or regulations, or in breach of any confidentiality obligations owed by you to third parties. If We have reason to believe your entry is not your own work, if a person objects to the inclusion of a video in which they are featured being included in the Competition, or if your entry otherwise breaches this paragraph (3), then We may not consider it and may disqualify it.
- We may also disqualify Your entry if You do not meet the entry criteria, You are not eligible to enter the Competition, You cannot be contacted or You do not respond within 5 days of being contacted by Us in relation to your entry.
- Any video must not have been posted anywhere else other than your own (none professional) social media channels.
- When we receive the edit we reserve the right to use it in any way we choose, that in includes framing, editing, changing the video in any way, uploading it wherever we want and using it in any way we deem fit. So don’t moan!
- By entering this competition you are accepting all our terms and conditions.
- By entering this Competition, you agree to join the Urban Surfer database and to be contacted occasionally by us using the details submitted (including via email) in relation to goods and services that we believe may be of interest to you.
- You can enter as many edits (Video’s) as you like just don’t send us the same one over and over.
- Urban Surfer team members reserve the sole right to decide what we like and what we feature. So no bitching if we don’t feature your video!
- Our prizes are pretty random, if you don’t like what you receive tough! Seriously, just put them on eBay or give them to a friend or something and get over yourself! We won’t exchange anything or remove anything just because your parent or guardian didn’t teach you how to deal with disappointment as a kid.
- The Urban Surfer and associated companies accept no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by You as a result of entering the Competition or accepting any prize. The Urban Surfer and associated companies (We) further disclaim liability for any injury or damage to You or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Competition.
- We reserve the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside their control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of the Promoters in all matters under its control is final and binding. The Promoters reserve the right to discount votes if they suspect fraudulent bulk voting or multiple voting is or has taken place to inappropriately influence or manipulate the voting procedures.
- The Competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.